Nintendo Release Reader – April 15, 2022
Only one of the cooking games involves human.
Did I neglect to post an upcoming Nintendo Switch release article last week? Yes, I did, and my apology video is forthcoming. I’m told that’s a thing these days.
Until then, we’ve got two weeks of game announcements for you to add to your wishlist. Games that answer the questions:
- What if Sweeney Todd had been a tailor instead of a barber?
- What would happen if milk was a supreme energy source?
- What crazy predicament have Miss Kobayashi and her maids gotten themselves into now?
You know what do with the links below.
- Indie publisher Tendokore and developer MercySoft are bringing CARNAL to Nintendo Switch “at a later date.” CARNAL is a fast and challenging retro FPS straight from the mid-’90s. Combat the possessed soldiers, the manifested demons helping them, and any inanimate objects standing in your way.
- NACON and Cyanide studio have revealed a new gameplay video of Chef Life: A Restaurant Simulator. Featuring 75 iconic recipes from French gastronomy, players will be able to test their abilities on traditional dishes, and hopefully be selected by the MICHELIN Guide, or even be awarded one of the historical MICHELIN Star. The game will be available on October 6th.
- Developer AYGames has announced that coming April 21, Deck of Ashes: Complete Edition will be available on Nintendo Switch for the first time. A mashup of card battlers like Slay the Spire and Darkest Dungeon, Deck of Ashes challenges players to build creative decks to survive and take down enemies. Lead a group of rugged antiheros through a hellish fantasy world decimated by the Ash Curse, a plague that unleashed monsters and other mutations upon the land.
- Dice Legacy is getting darker with its DLC, “Corrupted Fates,” which will release for Nintendo Switch on April 19, 2022. The DLC includes a new dice class, a new ruler, new mechanics, a new game mode, and more. In “Corrupted Fates,” invaders are at your shores and your society, weak and corrupted, falls prey to the allure of a dark and powerful entity. A mysterious cult has formed within your realm. The council doesn’t trust you, so you must escape. How much are you willing to sacrifice for your own survival in this race against time?
- Strictly Limited Games, in partnership with Crackshell and BlitWorks, has announced the upcoming limited boxed release of Epics of Hammerwatch: Heroes’ Edition. Both critically acclaimed Hammerwatch games and everything you could wish for from the Hammerwatch universe will finally be available in a single, physical collection (of course including all previously released DLC). Pre-orders for the Limited Edition and Special Limited Edition will kick off on Sunday, April 17th, at 12 AM CEST (midnight), only at Strictly Limited Games.
- Indie game developer Mommy’s Best Games (MBG) is releasing Game Type DX later this year on Nintendo Switch. Game Type DX is a score-attack shoot’em-up with a speed-boosting twist. Help Hoodie Girl fight the evil MediaBall’s inane advertisements. Each time you beat a level, the speed and difficulty increase. Originally released as a protest against Microsoft’s terrible dashboard update in 2011, it’s being remastered and enhanced for extreme fun.
- What would you do if you woke up locked in a dark room with your hands covered in blood—your sister and mother massacred? Find out when the psychological horror game MADiSON releases for Nintendo Switch this summer.
- PQube and Kadokawa Games have reveal that vehicle-combat role playing game Metal Max Xeno: Reborn is coming to Nintendo Switch on 10th June 2022. Set in a devastated world called Dystokio, Metal Max Xeno: Reborn is a nonlinear JRPG with real-time battle and vehicle combat elements. Take control of Talis and search for other survivors who wish to fight back against the machines. There are no limits to where you can go, no matter your progression in the game.
- Aksys Games has announced that the upcoming shmup Miss Kobayashi’s Dragon Maid: Burst Forth!! Choro-gon☆ Breath is coming to Nintendo Switch in North America this summer. After receiving a cryptic email, Miss Kobayashi and her maids go to Takiya’s house to investigate. There, they are mysteriously (and overdramatically, let’s face it) sucked into the PC. Help them clear stages by banding together and using their wits to defeat the computer.
- In the universe of the 2D adventure platformer, Moo Lander, milk reigns as the supreme energy source, possessing a power second only to the stellar explosions of a dying star. Trouble is, it’s rapidly becoming scarce. A Nintendo Switch version will become less scarce in fall of 2022.
- NeonLore, a free form, first-person exploration game, will be coming to Nintendo Switch on April 20th 2022. Players will solve puzzles and encounter various characters and learn about their past life, dreams, and fears, and get a chance to discover deeper about the social transformations that have impacted human life in the 21st century.
- Thunderful and Space Lizard Studio have unveiled Paper Cut Mansion, a roguelite horror set in a unique handcrafted world made of cardboard. Explore the titular mansion floor by floor, solving puzzles, battling enemies and completing quests as you unlock new abilities to aid you on each run and seek to solve the mystery behind the mansion. The Nintendo Switch version will arrive in 2022.
- Bad Vices Games and Troglobytes Games have announce the date for the full release of Ravenous Devils, their psycho-horror cooking simulator inspired by the historic, creepy back-streets of 19th Century London. On April 29th, players will embark on a hellish quest with Percival and Hildred, a horridly-happy married couple, to fulfill their ambitions of becoming the best tailor and eatery establishments in the city. Move over Sweeney Todd, there’s a new criminalistic duo in town!
- PM Studios and Grave Rave Games have announce that the release of Squish is quickly sliding into view. Fans of spoopy, squishy, fast-paced multiplayer action will be able to slip into the game on Nintendo Switch starting May 31, 2022. With up to five distinctly different game modes and a plethora of great hats and skins, players will be able to get the perfectly gooey look to suit their style.
- Super Mega Zero—the genre-splitting precision puzzle platformer with shoot-em-up elements is launching on April 21st. Grab an upgrade and switch forms to go from precision platforming to the more puzzle-like action, to shoot’ em up gameplay and challenge hundreds of handcrafted levels.
- Two Point Campus, the upcoming university management sim from Two Point Studios Limited., is coming to Nintendo Switch a bit later than expected. The release date has been bumped back to August 9, 2022. Perhaps the new developer vision video will hold you over?
- NEOWIZ has announced that Unsouled will be officially released on April 28th on Nintendo Switch. Unsouled tells the story of a prince from a collapsed empire who has the ability to absorb the souls of the dead and grow in power. The world is haunting and full of hordes of dangerous beings though, so it’s vital to chain together combos and counter enemy attacks if you want any chance of surviving.
- Indie studio Third Sphere Game Studios has announced that their 2D souls-like action-RPG Watcher Chronicles is making its way to the Nintendo Switch on April 28th for $19.99 / €19,99. The game blends the characteristic souls-like fast skill-based combat with RPG elements, and will also feature a local co-op multiplayer mode to play with a friend. Watcher Chronicles was released first on Steam on January 19th; critics and players have praised the game for its challenging combat and gameplay, and its hand-drawn 2D art style.