Free-to-play action battler Ninjala will be celebrating its second anniversary on 24th June, and to ring in its second birthday, GungHo Online Entertainment has announced Season 10 will be setting sail on 16th June!
You won’t want to walk the plank with this one, as season 10 will be pirate-themed. Who else used to compare and compete to see if pirates or ninjas were better? Well, now you can actually do that in Ninjala. Kind of.
Season 10 also brings about a few firsts for the chaotic multiplayer game, as you’ll now be able to use voice chat with players in the same party as you, or anyone on your friend list. GungHo will be providing more details on how to set this up on the official Ninjala website a bit later. You can also nab the new Shinobi Card “Berserker”, which will give you max S-energy for KO’s while also reducing Drone damage.
Another new addition in Season 10 will be the new Featured Battle mode “Man to Man Brawl”, which allows you to play against an opponent in a 1v1 duel. And you know we said you won’t want to walk the plank? Well, if you lose this, you might just have to…
Here’s a round-up of a few other features that GungHo will be introducing when season 10 drops on 16th June:
– Second anniversary gifts: Players that log in between June 16 and 30 will receive free login bonuses, including 500 Jala, a Ninjala Pass Mini, and 30% off at the Shinobi Shop.
– New Ninja Gum Lab features: “Alter Special” is a new feature on all weapons that can be unlocked through Ninja-Gum Research. This swaps out attacks, like trading the dash attack with the IPPON Katana for a ranged attack. Players can also gain extra favorite slots for outfits and equipment through the lab.
– Voice chat: Talk to party members and friends as you battle it out. You can also toggle voice chat in room battles.
– WNA Resort Grand Opening: The WNA Resort is officially open! Throw Bronze Medals into the fountain at the WNA Resort for Assist Codes and Ninja-Gum. Get increased XP for every medal you throw in and earn a chance to see the “Gumchi of the Fountain” come out during a lucky animation.
– Gumchi Lottery: When you spend money at the Shinobi Shop, you’ll be entered into a free raffle for Research Points!
To celebrate the game reaching 9 million downloads, you’ll also be rewarded with 100 free Jala!
The update is scheduled to go live once maintenance finishes on 16th June (PDT), so if you’re an avid Ninjala player, make sure you’re ready to sail the seven seas and kick butt out on the ocean waves come then! Check out the full dev diary below for more details on season 10.
Let us know what you think of the upcoming season in the comments!