Mario Strikers: Battle League’s online multiplayer demo kicks off this weekend
ORIGINAL SOURCE LINK
Players will be able to try out Mario Strikers: Battle League‘s online multiplayer this weekend in a series of one-hour time slots.
A demo for the game was released on the Switch eShop last week and gives players access to a tutorial so they can learn how to play the game.
However, at set times on Saturday June 4 and Sunday June 5, the demo will also let players connect online and take part in multiplayer matches.
Players will be able to play Quick Battle matches, either against strangers or with friends. They’ll be able to form a team of up to four players from two Switch systems and a maximum of two players per console.
Mario Strikers: Battle League – VGC preview
The demo is available on the eShop now and the time slots for the online multiplayer as as follows:
- Friday, June 3 – 16:00 – 17:00 PT
- Saturday, June 4 – 04:00 – 05:00 PT
- Saturday, June 4 – 12:00 – 13:00 PT
- Saturday, June 4 – 20:00 – 21:00 PT
- Sunday, June 5 – 04:00 – 05:00 PT
- Sunday, June 5 – 12:00- 13:00 PT
- Saturday, June 4 – 04:00 – 05:00 BST
- Saturday, June 4 – 12:00 – 13:00 BST
- Saturday, June 4 – 20:00 – 21:00 BST
- Sunday, June 5 – 04:00 – 05:00 BST
- Sunday, June 5 – 12:00 – 13:00 BST
- Sunday, June 5 – 20:00 – 21:00 BST
Set for release on June 10, Battle League is the third entry in the Mario Strikers series, following Mario Smash Football (aka Super Mario Strikers) on GameCube and Mario Strikers Charged on Wii.
Like its predecessors, Battle League focuses on 5v5 arcade-style football action, with no fouls and the ability to use items.
In VGC’s recent Mario Strikers: Battle League hands-on preview, we said: “Mechanically, from what we’ve played for far, we’re not only impressed by how well the game plays from a football perspective but how instantly enjoyable it is for football sim fans and casual Mario fans alike.
“Throw in a huge amount of Mario charm and what you’re left with could be the plumber’s best sports title in years.”